Old February 24th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
MT Nordic

Default NENSA Test scores compared? Records for US, the world?

This is actually the USSA fit test. While it's not exact, it has been
shown to correlate with racing success. Obviously doesn't take into
account technique, etc. It's great for monitoring your own progress
and focusing on what your weaknesses are. Also for assessing how your
training program is helping. Personally, I've substituted the Ramp
test for the 3000 m TT because I have trouble standardizing my TT
effort (chiefly based on motivation). The ramp test is more
objective, and you can't cheat. I recommend doing the USSA fit test
on a monthly basis.