Old December 2nd 05, 12:49 AM

Default Tahoe Ski Resort Ticket Prices - 2005-2006 Season

I've analyzed the ticket prices for most of the Lake Tahoe ski
resorts for the 2005-2006 season using information posted on the
various resort web pages.

A few observations and opinions on these:

=B7 The pricing is all over the map, and in many cases is shocking and
dismaying.
=B7 There doesn't seem to be a standard anymore for definitions of
age groups for pricing.
=B7 The prices for the various age groups vary tremendously:
o Adult all day - $35 to $70
o Senior (various definitions of age limits, but mostly 69 or
younger) - $15 to $56
o Super Senior (various definitions of age group from 70+ to 75+ to
not at all) - Free to $56
o Two of my favorite areas, Squaw and Mt. Rose, have raised the Super
Senior age from 70 to 75. I'm considering boycotting these resorts
for this.
=B7 Heavenly Valley and it's owner, Vail Ski Corporation, doesn't
even recognize Super Senior anymore, and is charging a ridiculous $56
for Senior and an incredible price of $70 for Adults. Show your
disgust with these prices by not going there anymore.
=B7 For the major big areas:
o Alpine still looks like the best deal for everybody, with Sugar
Bowl coming in second.
o If you're a Senior under 70, Mt. Rose is the best deal, with
Squaw and Alpine tied for 2nd and 3rd.
o If you're a Super Senior over 70, the best deals are Sugar Bowl,
Alpine, and Northstar in that order.
=B7 For the smaller areas:
o Homewood and Diamond Peak look like the best deals for everyone.