Old November 25th 05, 02:58 AM

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:57:36 -0500, Mary Malmros
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:10:04 -0500, Huntah
wrote:

Does anyone know of ski tuning lessons or classes that are being offered
anywhere? I have no problem paying for the lessons. I just haven't found
any. I live in the Northeast but am willing to travel for the lessons.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy
skiing!

I seem to recall that the REI stores locally (Boston area) have done
this at times.

Really? I've never even seen alpine skis in an REI.

I worked at the Reading store, and shop at Framingham most often. Both
have lots of alpine skis and gear every winter. Tends to crowd out the
XC and BC ski gear.

I have not been in the Boston store during the relevant season, and
have not made it to the new Hingham store, but I would be surprised if
they do not as well.

They may not have much available on the Web.

Basic tuning is a lot simpler than many people think, and the basic
tools may cost about the same as 2 or 3 professional tunings.

Yup. And you can sort of add to your tool set in increments if and as
you decide to do more involved stuff.

Tuning skis is a bit more important when dealing with New England
"packed powder".
Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA