Old September 6th 04, 08:32 PM

How much does all the different engineering make a difference? The industry
seems to have a ski for almost any condition. I want a ski that I can take
anywhere. I consider myself a decent skier and want to improve on moguls as
well as do more off-piste skiing.

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
In article ,
"nielsdt" wrote:

Last Spring I bought B2s to replace my Bandit Xs, which I was fond of. I
was at Big Mountain, Montana, and we had a wintery day with fresh snow
followed by a warm sunny day of spring skiing, so I used them in a
variety
of conditions. I was absolutely delighted with the skis. Since B2s are
fatter, I expected them to do well on powder (and they did), but I
thought
they would be less agile on the groomed where the Bandits were strong.
found them very quick and stable, with no loss of performance on groomed
snow. They were much better on crud than the narrower Bandits.

That sounds very much like my experience with my brother's Atomic
BetaRide 9.22s vs. my Salomon Crossmax 10 Pilots. His are wider and
hence I thought perhaps not as agile on the groomed, but I was wrong.

If I had to do it over again, I'd probably by a ski with a slightly
wider waist, like the Atomic 9.22s, or from the sounds of it, like the
B2s

nielsdt

"Michele Wojtan" wrote in message
Does anyone have any comments on either of these skis for an
intermediate
moving to lower level expert skier (primarily east coast, occasional
trip
out west).
thanks
wojo