Old July 1st 03, 03:48 PM
John Red-Horse

Default Skier of the Impossible

In article ,
wrote:

Interesting, although the implication here is that this 'pedal-hop'
was developed later than the 'windscreen wiper'...

You're right. It's been a while since I read that article. Upon
re-reading it, it would seem that the pedal hop is an evolution from and a
refinement to the "windscreen wiper".

It seems to me from the description given in the article that the key
ideas of both turns is (1) to maximized the time that the skis are on the
snow and out of the fall line, and (2) to minimize the energy requirements
that a full-blown jump turn requires. The pedal hop may require less
slope width as well.

cheers,
john