Old January 29th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Determining Whether Right Footed or Goofy Footed

"Neil Gendzwill" wrote in
:

I still think the most reliable non-riding test is the old
ice/linoleum floor test - if you run and slide on ice or a splippery
floor, which foot is forward?

And this is the test that fails for me. I slide with my right foot
forwards, but I ride regular.

Luckily when I started, I'd already been surfing a number of years so knew
which way to go... which makes me wonder... I never made a concious
decision to surf regular, neither did my mate who rides goofy. Just one
way seemed more natural when cumsily standing on the board is a swirling
wall of 1ft waves.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ