Old March 8th 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Koos van den Hout

Default how fast do you go?

Sean C SeanC wrote in :

"Koos van den Hout" wrote in message
Mike M. Miskulin wrote in
:
hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured?

Our last snowboarding holiday was in a ski area with a piste which had
speed measurement (Fiss, Austria, the 'Rennstrecke' on the Northern side
of
the area).

Interesting question. I'm slightly *neurotic* about gadgets and have a nice
handheld GPS that includes that data. Top speed, alt, trip odom, etc.

We have such a device too, but my wife usually walks/cycles/snowboards with
the GPS.

I have a helmet cam that is decent, but watching bullet cam video does a
terrible job of conveying to the viewer speed and pitch.
The footage resembles sledding down my driveway. LOL.

Hmm.. I stumbled across http://www.goprocamera.com/ and they make it look
easy to get nice helmet cam video. So you still need a good director and
stunt coordinator

Koos

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/