Old December 21st 04, 12:08 AM
Stephen B.

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
Powder is still
my arch-nemesis; I'd love to learn to ski it well, but right now I tend to
freak out and use harsh, sudden movements to control my speed, which

usually
controls me right into the snow, face-first. Fun in its own way, but not
really my goal.

I love that description, and hope to try it soon.

All that being said, I progressed last year from being scared to even

approach
blue moguls to going down some pretty serious stuff, and I hope to keep
improving at a similar rate. I'm big on learning proper technique and

have no
qualms about taking lessons to get there. I also need to work on my leg
strength and/or cleaner technique, because my thighs are already tired

after
the first few runs, probably from trying to skid through moguls to scrub

off
speed. (My lesson this past weekend gave me some great tips on how to

stay in
control in the moguls without fighting the slope; I think those will make

my
thighs a lot happier.)

snip
Fortunately, my husband and I were the only ones to return after lunch,

and
almost everything that I learned came from those last few hours. I now

have
two great, concrete techniques to use in the moguls; one will keep me from
lifting my inner ski; the other will help me keep the speed I want in the
moguls without going too fast or exhausting my thighs as much as I have

been.

What were those hints?

Stephen
NYC