Old May 16th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Taichiskiing

Stuart wrote:
"downhill" wrote in message

\
rear of the board on the uphill edge, by twisting the board. It is much
safer than trying to push the rear of the board into the turn like many
self-trained boarders do.

sorry
you start a right hand turn at 30 mph and in the middle of the turn your
going to slip to the inside?
show me

You can't. But as a previous poster pointed out, you can slip the fronts of
the skis downhill to the right while doing a left hand traverse and initiate
a "windshield-wiper" turn. In this case a slip does occur in the direction
of the turn, but technically, when the slip is performed, the centre of mass
is to the left and not being deflected in a right hand turn. Just some parts
of the skiers anatomy ie the skis are slipping right. Then, the actual
initiation of the turn is made with a com shift to the right. You are
slipping right, but not yet turning actually.

My point being you declare an absolute and the first example it fails
like everything cheese dip claims to be true.
Slipping is letting the ski's slide 90 degrees to the normal path of travel
Sliding in increasing the radius of your turn because you have NOT grip.

you can not count a person standing upright on skis going slow that is
hot dogging his skis as doing something like a real turn at speed
any of these suggestions do not work at speed please try to prove me
wrong preferably not in go slow zones.