Old May 31st 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dwall

Default carbon pole repair?

On 5/30/2011 10:41 PM, wrote:
Has anyone here tried using carbon fiber fabric and epoxy to repair a
carbon fiber pole? If yes, can you recommend the type of epoxy and the
fiber fabric? I broke 2 poles within the last 2 weeks rollerskiing ,
by getting the tip of a pole stuck in a gap between concrete slabs at
a bike path bridge. One of the poles was an Exel Black Feather, so I
am mildly annoyed. I was thinking to get a thin aluminum tube from
McMaster and using aluminum putty to glue the pieces together. May be
carbon fiber would be a more elegant way, but I have no experience
with carbon fiber. Don't want to spend $300 on a new pair of poles w/o
giving repair a try.

Why use Carbon poles???? If it is training not racing then use cheap
poles....Save the good ones for races...