Old March 10th 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default angulation

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
probably not of much interest to the park rats but any
tips on heel-side angulation? I feel I've made some
really good progress the past few years, especially on
toe edge but now worry that heel side is not keeping
pace. I realize that in soft boots on an all mtn
board theres a limit to what one can expect but I
don't think I'm there by any means.

Increase the forward lean of your binding to so that you can still bend your
knees some while on the heel edge. This will give you more edgeing on your
heels, with your knees working to absorb bumps. Then make sure you arch your
back (backwards) while on your toes to get good edgeing there.

I actually added wedges under the bindings to give me a little more forward
lean. I now at time have to push down my toes while on heels edge to keep from
over edgeing.