Old October 1st 03, 04:37 PM
Jason Watkins

Default Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider

Well, if you like the fit of Salomon boots, there's the Malamutes. I'm
using them, and know a couple other folks using them as well. For the
most part, we love them. Stiff yet cozy. I've also found that getting
the right "snug" on the upper boot cuff can make a difference. If
you're in the habit of lacing the upper cuff loose that might be part
of it.

You'll have to translate PSIA for me, so I don't know what you mean by
knee angulation.

Also, I don't remember that specific binding, but most Ride bindings
I've seen use metal heelcups. If you really power you foot and ankle
around, maybe going with a binding that has a little flex to it would
fit with you better. I had sore ankles when I used metal heelcup
bindings. Switching to salomon bindings that use a polymer heelcup
fixed it. No real loss in response either.