Old February 16th 05, 01:24 PM
Ace

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:36:19 GMT, Mike Clark wrote:

In message
Ace wrote:

As Sue suggests, by twisting it. In this instance it was all my own
fault - having bought touring boots (Scarpa Denali TT) And used them
for about ten days with my Alpine bindings,

snip sprained ankle

Yep, using touring boots with ordinairy bindings is a bad idea, because
the vibram sole on the Denali tends not to allow a proper sideways,
twisting release. Proper touring bindings such as the Fritschi Diamir,
and Freeride, have a twisting plate under where the boot sole sits.

I went out and got them fitted first thing the next morning. Miss a
day's skiing just 'cos I couldn't walk properly? Naah, not me.

If you're going to routinely use touring boots I'd get Fritschi bindings
put on all of your skis. At present I have separate skis and boots for
touring and for lift-assisted downhill skiing so I need to make a
decision as to which set to take with me.

Fortunately, I nearly always have only one pair of skis on the go -
currently last year's Pocket Rocket, which is a splendid all-round ski
and lightweight enough to not be a pain for touring. Must get some
skins and give them a proper try some time...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)