Old December 14th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

Default Decisions, decisions

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:58:46 +0100, "Roger Moss"
wrote:

OTOH, Les Menuires is improving fast these days, and Saint-Martin de
Belleville is just a nice place to be.

In fact I'll be heading over there from tomorrow for a quick visit :-)

Also planning to try out the gondola link from Orelle, which gives you
back-door access to VT without the long drive up. Plus free parking and more
skiing nearby in Val Cenis/Bonneval, Valfréjus, Valloire/Valmeinier, etc.

Worth knowing, thanks. Especially the free parking. I guess I was just
lucky the first time I drove to the Alps: in both Alpe d'Huez and
Mottaret, I was able to park right outside my accomodation for free.

Lots more options than most people realise, in fact... we've reviewed some
of these and will be adding the others shortly.

Well, I'm leaning towards doing a 'long week', consisting of
Friday-Sunday with Monday off, which will probably mean just Flaine
again. This would give me 8 days' skiing.

The reaon I'll probably not do two weeks like I have in the past is
because I've spent the latter part of this year desperately nursing my
holiday ration and I reckon that a two week skiing holiday comes to
something over two grand the way I've been doing it lately (solo
drive) and I'm thinking of buying another 'crosser next year.

--
-Pip