Old September 19th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
BrritSki

Default OT in some locations: New skis

Pip Luscher wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:53:43 +0200, BrritSki
wrote:

Wife and I both lke our Bandits which we've had for a few years now.

I think they were the ones I hired, actually. Seemd to carve well
enough and I didn't have any [ski related] problems off piste, other
than a nervous sense of "help, these aren't my usual skis!"

They carved a lot better than I expected, though I didn't really
manage the tight radius turns my Head skis could.

I manage to do a complete on snow 360 on them - i.e. find a nice flat
wide piece of piste and hit it at one side at max. speed and then lay
them over as far as they can go - if you're going fast enough you can do
a complete circle

How well do they cope with hard-packed icy home runs?

OK I guess, but I tend to avoid resorts like that

If you live in the Alps, narrow it down to a few different skis and then
demo to see which ski you like best and in which length for the type of
skiing/conditions you'll most likely encounter. But you knew that right ?

I'd love to be able to do that. Sadly, round here is about as far form
Alpine a it's possible to get (I live close to the Cambrifgshire Fens,

Ah, I was replying as much to the original poster who I think said he
lived near some mountains...