Old September 17th 09, 10:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
B 650

Default OT in some locations: New skis

Jérémy wrote:
B650 wrote in
:

The
skis will get Diamir bindings, so no silly modular stuff. Skins will
only
be for occasional use for access and insurance against route finding
cock-ups (I have touring skis), but I'd still prefer the skis not be
too heavy. Obviously I don't need the latest fad, last year's classic
would be ideal, especially if I can pick them up cheap in the early
season sales (I live in the Alps, so I have plenty of shops to choose
from).

So, what should I be looking at?

I went from my X-Screams to K2 Apache Recon a couple of years back
after mine started leaking the same goo

Very happy I am

Looks promising, except for what looks suspiciously like some silly
modular stuff to do with bindings. Can you put Diamirs on them?

Hmmm, missed that part of the original post, I've got them with the
stock bindings on, so not sure if there's an alternative.

OTOH, now I look at the K2 web site, they seem to have an entire range
designed for me. Unfortunately it's called "Backside".

If you buy a pair of K2s, be wary of going to Colorado and leaving them
in a rack outside a restaurant, you'll come out and realise the racks
have all filled up with *exactly* the same skis as yours, then wish
you'd paid more attention to where you'd left them....