Old July 30th 05, 12:53 AM
ant

Sam Seiber wrote:

Maybe it is because A-Basin is in BED BIG TIME with Vail. A-Basin (IMHO)
is loosing its value due to its
"marketing agreement" with Vail. If you want to wait in really long
lines, go to
A-Basin in early November.

I always wondered how they managed that juggling act. Keystone owned
A-Basin, then Vail snapped up Keystone, but somehow A Basin remained
Keystone's. So I think Vail Resorts passes worked at A Basin (ours certainly
did but we were keystone), but our staff passes didn't work for the normal
things there, like half price food. All very puzzling.

It got mega busy in spring, too, some big queues at the base lifts.
Never got to Loveland, there was no bus there so you couldn't just up and go
like with all the other resorts. It was easier to jump on a bus to beaver
creek than to get to Loveland.

--
ant