Old July 28th 05, 06:27 PM
Howlee

Whats with loveland. Last year was my first year in Colorado and I managed
to ski about 20 days in Co- vail, beaver creek, breckenridge.

whats so special about loveland? I drove by on the way to the mountain. i
never hear people talk about that mountain, only A-Basin.

"Sam Seiber" wrote in message
Howlee wrote:

maybe a dumb questions but....

when does the ski season begin in Colorado and in Tahoe?

I am going for October 22 here in Colorado. One run, at my beloved
Loveland. Dunno about anywhere else.

when is there usually a good/decent base?

Colorado, Late December, to Late January, depending on Ullr.

should one wait at least a month after it opens to go?

I am not going to wait much more than one minute after Loveland opens.
I will
be there opening day. But I am in dire need of a fix right now. Been
kind of hot in Denver lately.

I usually go in Late Jan to Early March so there is usually plenty of
snow-
I have always been lucky to actually have good conditions- powder, sunny,
etc.... I am thinking about going earlier this year, however, I do not
want
to be dodging rocks.

The times you usually go are the best times to NOT dodge rocks. Oh,
lemme think,
I think last season Loveland didn't get "the ridge" open til mid
January. Like
I said before, really depends on Ullr's visits.

Sam "Less than 13 weeks to wait for my Beloved Loveland to open" Seiber