Old February 22nd 06, 07:00 AM

Terje Henriksen wrote:
wrote:

Terje Henriksen wrote:

Remember Juha Mieto and Vladimir Smirnoff? All muscular persons. And
today: Svartedal, all muscles.

Jens Arne Svartedal is muscular but he is still "only" 82kg.

Trond Iversen is 90!

That settles it for me. If someone who weighs 90kg can qualify to
represent the Norwegian Olympic team in the 50km freestyle, that means
de facto that weight is in itself not an issue.

It is, if it is fat and not muscles. I believe Juha Mieto weighed over 100
kg. Some people, with heavy bone mass may not be able to run properly, but
they may be excellent skiers.

He also registered 7.6LO2/min which is the highest absolute value
recorded up to now. You need the oxygen to sustain that amount of
muscles also.

Janne G