Old December 1st 03, 11:10 AM
Keith

Default Noob clothing question..

"4matic" wrote in message
m...
Personally, I carry 5 upper layers and 3 lower layers including shell. I
like silk for a lightweight first layer and polypro for a heavier first or
second layer. Additional layers are of various thickness polar fleece.

Yowza. Normally I settle for a cheap-ass Gap t-shirt and a pair of boxers
under my Burton Tactic 5/3 jacket + Quiksilver trousers. I've never been too
cold, but then most of my boarding has been done later on in the season. I
can't imagine ever needing a warmer jacket; I actually got myself a lighter
jacket last season because the Tactic was too hot more or less the whole
time!

If it came to the crunch I'd add a hoody or a fleece. Nothing too hardcore.

My main question is down to warmth and been looking through the Bonfire,
Burton gear etc it talks about waterproof and breathability but not how

warm
it is, on say a jacket in the RRP of £150-£200 what would you wear

beneath
it? Just a fleece or more and the pants, do you wear anything beneath

them?

If you're spending £150-200, you should be getting yourself a fairly decent
jacket. It's worth looking at last season's stuff; you'll get a better
jacket for far less cash. In fact, this goes for practically anything you'll
need for boarding. I'm a sale junkie.

Keith