Old November 16th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Vail and Steamboat push back opening day

snoig wrote:
They were supposed to open today but Vail pushed it back to the
Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

It should be cold enough soon to make snow
24/7 but it sure looks like it will be the worst Thanksgiving in quite
some time.

Looks like everybody's getting a late start. The usual early birds are
open (KMart, Banff, Loveland, A-Basin, Solitude, Brule, Boreal,
Trollhaugen etc.) but the rest of us will have to sit on our hands for
another week or two.

Dammit. A year ago this time I was skiing at the local molehill.

Soon come, mon, soon come.

I'll toast Ullr tonight with a little more Aquavit and see what that does.

//Walt