Old November 27th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Snow tires?

On Nov 27, 1:50*pm, pigo wrote:
On Nov 27, 12:49*pm, Dick G wrote:

Bob, which Coopers, or are your recommending any tire within the
brand? For years I was a bit of a tire snob, sticking mainly with
Michelins. The last set I had on my TL wore out prematurely, thus I
switched over Bridgestone, which have performed well. I spent
August/September shopping for a new ski-mobile and settled on the MDX.
It came with decent all seasons, thus the search now for snows

I usually go for the most aggressive tread I can get that won't sing
on the highway for my truck. I have a Saturn Outlook too. Similar to
your MDX, maybe a little bigger? The factory Goodyears are holding out
but I was looking at some Coopers last time I got a flat repair. A
little less aggressive tread than I get for my truck but much more
than a 4 season. I've got 19" rims on the Outlook and it's the only
tire they had for it. I forget the name. Just go in and take a look at
what they have and the price.

I bought Coopers for the life of my Jeep after the original Goodyears
wore out.