Old December 18th 03, 07:53 PM
bdubya

Default ski racks

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:19:31 -0500, Robert
wrote:

Hi anyone have an opinion on Thule vs Yakima?

I am proud to announce that I have resolved this long-standing
conflict: I use a Thule crossbar with a Yakima ski attachment. (Note
to General Powell: I'm available if you need a hand).

That said, if I were starting over from scratch, I'd probably go with
Yak, mainly because they're much easier to find around these parts.
So if retailers in your area tend to carry one brand more than the
other, you might want to go with the more popular one so it's easier
to find the various attachments and accessories you'll probably wind
up buying in the future. I've heard that the round crossbars Yak
uses allow you to lay the ski racks flat when not in use, thus getting
a slight improvement in fuel economy, but aside from that, I know of
no functional difference.

bw