Old June 7th 06, 02:32 PM

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
oups.com...

down_hill wrote:
The weird part about skating was my knee clicked when I walked on rubber
mat with skates on, but did not click when I skated. I should know when
I am ready, but I have a habit of pushing the envelope.

I had arthroscopy on my right knee years ago, but strangely it's my
*left* knee that bothers me. When I run around the athletic fields and
do much lateral work my left knee really starts to bother me. So now,
when it starts to hurt, I stop! And what's really great is that
neither of my knees bother me at all when I'm skiing. I read a book
about a distance runner that put away his mileage book and chronometer
and just started to run according to how his body felt. He said his
body ended up feeling much better than before, and when it came to
racing his times improved. For this to be effective though,k I think
you need work out enough to where you really get in tune with what your
body is telling you - and listen to it.

JP
**************************************
My body is telling me to go eat
those last 7 chocolate chip cookies.

I agree . The psychology factor is a major part of it . When I run around
the school track , I get so freaking bored ( even with my ipod ) that I
never seem to run as far as I do when I just go running a random course
around the neighborhood . The counting of the laps and going around in
circles simply makes me tired sooner and want to run less .

Also I had a small ski accident and pulled something around my right
knee.The doctor and didn't let it heal right . Now if I move it a certain
way I hear a clicking sound . My doctor looks at it long afterward and
claimed the hard fall made a bump on the bone and now the sound is a tendon
( or something ? ) snapping around the bump on the bone , sort of like
cracking your knuckles . Amazingly though it doesn't affect my running or
skiing and the only time it bothers me if the 'psychology' of hearing the
sound , so I'm probably going to just leave it alone .
Ron