Old November 20th 03, 02:48 PM
taywood

Default Cross Country Skiing - where to go?

"Alan" wrote in message
m...
I'm going to be travelling around Europe in late Jan 04. I'm a fairly
experienced downhill skier and I'll be doing some downhill skiing in
one or more of France/Austria/Switzerland/Italy. However I would also
like to try cross-country since I've never done it before.

Thats a pretty big area to cover.
My first suggestion would be Seefeld in Austria.
Big touring area and ideal for beginners with plenty of DH in
close proximity.
Second would be East Bayern (Bavaria) in Germany.
From Deggendorf the road goes east over to Bohemia and
then on to Prague.
I can recommend Bodenmais and Zweissl, both places where the
British Army used to go for XC ski racetraining and recreation.
Mike