Old January 25th 19, 01:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harvard Horvath

Default Directions

[Default] On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:10:37 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I'm glad I bought a cheap one. The result is fine technically but sucks
artistically. It claims to be phone-controllable, but whenever I try to
link them up the android app crashes. I need to phone Wasp, but I dread
talking to helpdroids. One of these days.

(This needs a new thread.)

Did you read the directions? Did you interpret them properly? In our
engineering classes at MIT we learned the most likely cause of error
is not following the directions.

I've often thought that anything as complex as a toaster needs a full
instruction manual. But the bean counters won't allow that. So why
not have a CD with the full manual on it? The cost of the CD is about
ten cents. Or at least a website with the instruction manual on it,
in the form of a pfd for printing out.

I like the idea of a CD because you can put advertising on it and make
it pay for itself. How about advertising aspirin for the headache you
get trying to get the product to work? Or beer advertising? for when
you finally get it to work the way you want.

Then they tell you, "What if someone doesn't have a computer." If you
can afford a toaster, then you can afford electricity, and you most
likely have a computer. And if you STILL don't have a computer, you
probably have access to one in the form of a friend, neighbor,
relative, public library, Kinkos, etc. After all, if Trunky can have
a computer, anyone can have one.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the Universe

Horvath