Old July 3rd 03, 02:02 AM
Mike Speegle

Default what is more important in downhill, leg strength or aerobic capacity?

In news:Raptor typed:
Mike Speegle wrote:
In news:Tom Kunich typed:

I say the most important thing in a downhill is a really low IQ.

*BIG* balls. Tiny brain also helps. ;-)

Guts-wise, it's little different from bombing a canyon or col road at
85+kph, though I haven't yet been able to get myself to tuck down the
start of the Grizzly course. Maybe with a groomed, closed course,
which I'm never prone to get... (If someone were to go through the
trouble of closing the course for little old me, I'd swallow my fear
and do the sucker.)

All it really takes is a love for speed, g-forces and strong legs (and
the necessary ski skill).

...and the sound of the wind as you accelerate. Really cool. ;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,