Old April 14th 05, 09:59 PM

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

wrote:
In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

[...]

There is also an adjustment for
how much pressure the heel piece imparts to the boot sole
and so the toepiece. Part of this adjuster is usually an
indicator that tells you when the adjustment is correct
when observed WITH THE BOOT IN PLACE. For a Marker step-in
this is a large screw head near the bottom and rear of the
toepiece. This screw head needs to be flush with the housing
when forward pressure is correct. On the MRR, with its two
large springs on either side, I don't know for sure where
the adjuster is, but it's there someplace.

I cannot see anything like that. Nor in front neither in rear binding...

Like I said, it's there someplace. On the heel (rear binding).
I went looking for a picture of this binding but apparently
Marker is not bringing it into the US any more. It's not shown
on their website. Any other pictures I could find were too small.

Oooops. Shame on me.

I used that (and other) bindings for years. The only thing is all of
them had the standard (alpine) sole. And there was my mistake,
presumably...

In one post, you said that you had "moved the binding from
one ski to another" or something like that. In other words,
you mounted the bindings yourself. How did you set the boot
sole length for your alpine boots once you had the bindings
on the skis?

You have described the DIN indicator on the toepiece and
asked me if it's the forward pressure indicator.

Because there is no any indicators others than DIN indicator in my
bindings..

Well there is, it's just that your "experience" isn't enough
to discover how your binding works. As I pointed out earlier,
my AT boots work fine with both my Marker step-ins (same toe,
different heel from yours) and my Tyrolia step ins, except
that I need to adjust forward pressure, which you might be
calling "boot sole length adjustment" because the boot soles
of each pair of boots is different.

[...]

I am so sorry. You are absolutely right.
I know there was that 'forward pressure indicator' in Marker Rotamat -
15 years ago. And I used it then. The indicator (actually there were two
of them - on each 'spring') was clearly visible. But it was before the
rotamat step-in era...

In Marker Rotamat Step-Ins the indicators are just 2 tiny notches...

For the last 15 years I had that bindings in every pair of skis (but I
never mounted them myself). And I used almost the same boots (with the
same sole length - always Lange)
And I had just forgotten these indicators/regulators exist...

Moreover you said 'For a Marker step-in this is a large screw head near
the bottom and rear of the toepiece.'
So I was looking for something like that at the toe/front part of the
bindings and still was not able to find anything.
But they are in fact these bolts/screws within the rear springs...

I've just realised what did you mean. And - 'the regulation' took few
seconds...

.... I am rally thinking about seppuku or something like that...

Regards
TA