Old January 12th 04, 04:13 PM
lal_truckee

lal_truckee wrote:
NOTHING!?!?!?

Looks like another instance of the dreaded "empty post!" Anyway,
repeating myself ...

£ukaszZa³uga wrote:

Hello!
I have a question concerning these boots:
1) Nordica Smartech 8 (flex 70)
2) Salomon Performa 6.0 (flex 80)
3) Salomon Evolution2 7.0 (flex 70)
I have to choose one of them and I can't make up my minds. My feelings
about comfort are similar and prices are the same.
What would you choose if you were me?

1) Why do you "have to choose one of them" from such a limited
selection? Sounds like you're getting jerked around by a poor shop into
buying something they have on the shelf. DON'T. There is a very large
selection of boot brands out there (often at much better equivalent
prices than these two highly advertised two brands) that each fit a
slightly different foot better.

The boot process is:
first find the brand line that fits your foot best;
second find the model in that line that fits your skill level;
third tweek the final selection to perfection.

All the above is much easier with the aid of a good bootfitter (I'm
tempted to say impossible for the newbie, without the aid of a good
bootfitter.)

Finally, forget gizmos such as walk settings, etc: all bull****. You
don't walk in ski boots, you ski in ski boots. Get a properly designed 4
buckle plain vanilla boot.