Old December 22nd 03, 12:19 AM
GR

Default Reviews of a couple of Vermont XC places

Just got back from a little trip to Vermont, and Wed was lots of rain, But
tried a couple if XC places near Woodstock VT on Thurs and Friday.
Thurs was still wet so they couldn't groom, but even so the Woodstock
Touring Center (part of the Woodstock Inn) was pretty nice. Went back on
Friday, after some overnight freezing, and they had groomed things
wonderfully.
http://www.woodstockinn.com/ has some info but does not do it justice. They
have trails in and around the golf course and Inn area and hills, then they
have more trails on the other side of the village, around Mount Tom, in a
kind of national forest for which they lease trail rights. The view from
Mount Tom is tremendous.(overlooks the village of Woodstock).

Also went to Wilderness Trails in Quechee VT(close to Woodstock). They are
much smaller, but have very pretty trails; some of which wind back and forth
across a creek in a gorge, and other trails through pine forests, and
alongside a State park of very beautiful Quechee Gorge/waterfalls. I can't
comment on grooming because I was there on Thursday (day after lots of rain)
so no grooming was possible. Had dinner at the Queechee Inn, located on the
same property , rather expensive dinner, but very, very good.
http://www.scenesofvermont.com/wildernesstrails/