Old October 20th 03, 08:13 PM
Wm...

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:43:05
uk.net.news.config Alex Heney

Wm:
Not the point at all. If sufficient people want the group in uk.* and
the naming is sorted out it will happen.

But is there any indication that there will be?

It seems so to me. That is more the proponents business though. He has
to summarise the discussion and I haven't noticed anyone from the uk end
saying "no no no" except for (possibly) Ace who specifically says he
*doesn't* speak for the "Ski Club of Great Britain" and doesn't appear
to be in the UK (based on my quick reading of his headers).

Dilution of
rec.skiing.resorts.europe isn't an issue for people concerned with the
uk.* hierarchy.

But it is for those who already read this group.

Why? Maybe uk.rec.[something about snow and skiing etc.] would be a
better place?

I suspect that several of the readers of this group will vote against,
because they will be worried about the effects a new uk group would
have on this one.

Yes, and I thank you for expressing your concern in a reasonable way.
Some people do get concerned when a new uk.* group is created. They
think "uk.* is stealing my group" or some such. uk.* can't actually do
that. If people shift to a new group it is because they want to --
surely that is right?

--
Wm ...