View Single Post
Old July 17th 17, 12:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ted Waldron[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Norway or Chile?

On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 6:54:28 PM UTC-7, Jay Pique wrote:
So I'm thinking of an extended trip to one or the other. I've heard good things about Portillo, but I've always had a dream of spending time in Norway. Thoughts either way?

JP

I would look at a trip to Portillo Las Leñas, San Martin de Los Andes in Argentina, Valle Nevado/La Parva and Termas De Chillan, perhaps even a trip to Antillanca, south of Temuco..

Ideally, go up the Paso de Libertadores, (The main highway pass between Chile and Argentina) where is Portillo is located, spend a couple days, then head to Mendoza, Argentina and Las Leñas, Go to San Martin De Los Andes, Bariloche or even down to El Bolsón.. Cross the border to Chile and head back north to Antillanca, Pucón/Villarica, Termas de Chillan, Valle Nevado/La Parva area before flying out from Santiago de Chile.

If I had to choose between Portillo and Valle Nevado, I would pick Valle Nevado. Portillo is a bit isolated, right next to the main highway between Chile and Argentina, while Valle Nevado is closer to other ski areas in the Santiago area. However, I would choose a trip of Portillo plus Las Leñas.
Ads