Old December 31st 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

Default Gloves

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:43:12 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

On 30 Dec 2009 10:27:35 -0800, (Eugene Miya)
wrote:

I tend to prefer Black Diamond ice climbing mitts or gloves.
The longer the gauntlet the better. I accidently left my pair on the
train at Pontresina just before the higher Bernina opened up. A very
attactive young red haired conductor was both the distraction and savior
and I got them back later mid-afternoon.

Most gloves and mitts have too short a gauntlet.

IME many are too long, which ironically can lead to more snow ingress
rather than less, as they tend to bunch up and trap it there. Of
course, for real cold such as Coline is asking about

flounce

The UK wholesaler tells me that they didn't import any Swanys this
year because the poor Euro exchange rate made them too expensive.
There are some to be had, but not in my size. I think Canada remains
my best bet.

--
Colin Irvine