Old February 16th 04, 09:27 AM
copek

Default Excessive Leg Strain Carving at High Speeds

"Alex Kwan" wrote in message
.250...
Hi,

I'm an intermediate snowboarder and I've only just begun to go at
highspeeds for entire runs down the mountain. The problem I have is that

my
back leg seems to strain alot while carving high speeds, and by the time I
get 1/2 down a run I have to stop and rest my legs before going again...

Is
this normal? Is there something wrong with my carving technique or do I
sipmly need to strengthen my legs? I'm riding goofy +15 right -3 left..

Any
suggestions?

Alex

maybe try easing back the foward lean on your hi-back a bit. last year at
the start of a trip, i set up my high backs with lots of foward lean to
improve carving heelside. after about 10 mins my rear leg was in total
agony due to this fowrd lean combined with my lack of fitness!

i eased it off which stopped the pain and then gradually increased the
foward lean as i got fitter & stronger again.