Old September 3rd 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Anyone try retro classic 3 wheel rollerskis

There are differences between the 910, 920 and 930 wheels and who uses
them typically. While the 150s are not the rollerski of champions
except in unusual circumstances, the 910s are. That's why I asked. I
take it your circumstances are desperate if you're using the 150s.
Usually, the recommendation is to change the surface or terrain rather
than take up a rollerski that promotes bad technique, as using the 150
tends to do (speaking from experience and as an instructor). For
classical, I used a 930 model converted into a three wheeler for a few
years, before deciding to switch to Marwe combis with the classical
wire wheel extensions. With that, I also adjusted the terrain to my
tolerance level on downhills w/o a speed reducers and the size of the
Marwe wheels (70mm?).

Gene

john wrote:

On Sep 2, 7:16*pm, wrote:
What I don't get is what are you doing on 150s if you stride on 910s?
That is, if you are actually using 910 wheels, not just referring to
the 900 classic series generically as 910.

I have the 900 series solid wheel skis for classic and the aero 150's
for skating. On the classics, I use the slower wheel and generally
like them, but they do feel a little sketchy for me going down big
hills on broken pavement. If I can get the 150's to work as combi's,
I'd prefer them. I'll post back in a week when I get the new wheels.

I really like the 150's, I can just ski right out of the driveway and
go wherever I want and cover a lot of gound. They are a really nice
ski for my purposes and I'm doing more roller skiing, which is a plus.