Old January 9th 05, 08:59 PM
marty

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:00:01 GMT, "marty"
wrote:

When it comes to wind predictions, at what point
do you stay home?

IMO, predictions are irrelevant. When they shut down all the good
lifts, then it's time to quit.

Are
there some things to know or do that make skiing in high winds (I was
actually thinking more along the lines of 20-35mph) more
rewarding/enjoyable/successful?

It helps to know where the good tree skiing is.

-Astro

I was thinking that when the resorts start shutting down the lifts it's
definitely a sign that the skiing might not be on the winning side of an
enjoyment to effort ratio. I know that I enjoy sailing when it's 15-25mph,
but 25-35mph becomes more like work (although it's pretty exciting). That's
a good thought about the tree skiing; I assume the trees are acting as a
windbreak.