Old November 30th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default La Thuile or Cervinia?

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:31:28 -0000, "Steve Pardoe"
wrote:

Hi,

We've enjoyed Cervinia in the past, but are struggling to find a
self-catering apartment for our vegan daughter and partner in the first week
of March. We've been offered one in La Thuile (Monte Bianco appts), but
we've never been there - could someone kindly compare and contrast these
resorts? I've read the two resort guides on the Ski Club of GB website,
obviously ;-)

La Thuile, even including La Rosiere, which is a shared ski area, is
_much_ smaller than Cervinia, and of course in Cervinia you've also
got the Zermatt side, so the size difference is quite significant.

Having said that, there's some pretty decent skiing in La Thuile for
intermediate-advanced, although perhaps not quite so much for those
looking for more of a challenge. The run home into la Thuile can be
quite a challenge in itself, mind, as it tends to get quite bare and
icy in less than perfect conditions, although TBF it's no worse than
resort runs in many other resorts.

I can't comment on resort atmosphere or facilities, as I've never
stayed in either.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)