Old April 3rd 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen

Default Nitro Magnum sensitive to bumps in base below thread inserts?

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 18:15:09 -0700, lonerider wrote:

89 (I'm assuming that means you side bevel is 1* larger than your base
bevel) degree will dull quicker than 90 degrees.

Yes, it a sharper edge, so it is more sensitive to wear. But even with 90
degrees it dulled quicker than with the Burton. After some mistreatment
by someone who overheated the steel during sharpening, it will dull even
quicker now. So I can only go to powder snow from now on :-)

Are you still skidding
you board when you turn? (if not your trail would be a thin line behind
you). If you are skidding your turns a board with a 89 degree edge will
"bite" into the snow a lot more and "resist" you more I think.

Yes, indoor you need to skid around people sitting on the most
unpractical places :-)

I learned a good technique, so I'm no longer used to using force to turn.
(Except for when I "aggressively" change sides during carving.)

In summary, I was just surprised that 1 degree change could make so much
difference. Maybe I buy an old board later and try to see if I can get
used to it and can improve my carving that way. We will see.

Bas.