Old July 23rd 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default how much training ...

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:14:12 -0400, "32 degrees"
wrote:

You certainly are one of the biking experts in the group John....
tell me more. What sort of team is Todd on? Are his results in the races
you googled "excellent" or just "ok" ????

Way better than I could achieve. I'm guessing only a couple hundred
American riders have his ability at the moment.

Anytime someone can average over 23mph in a time trial I say WOW, but of
course, I'm an average joe on a bike.
For a 20 yr. old would you say he's possible tour de france material? Or is
that a joke?

Almost everyone who reaches that level has some earlier experience
dominating other riders at the highest amateur or under-23 levels of
the sport. So if he wins or places very highly in some of the
*biggest* races his team competes in withing the next year or two,
then *maybe* -- that is to say it hasn't been ruled out. But unless
he demonstrates that sort of exceptional ability, no chance.

The discussion of the guy who was the topic of the start of this
thread is an example. I believe that within his first year of road
racing Floyd Landis came up against the second-biggest US pro team in
a bunch of races and was gettig top places behind their guys and
beating everyone else, so he was invited onto their team within the
first year or two of road racing. Huge talent shows immediately.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com