Old February 23rd 06, 01:46 AM

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

On 2006-02-22, bdubya penned:

Ever try Tiger Balm? I was always skeptical, but it actually seems
to work. Especially the red stuff. JD's right, conditioning is
key (I've beefed up my quads and hams lately, and my knees seem
happier for it), but the Tiger Balm brought me more relief this
weekend than the ibuprofen.

Actually, no ... I have an arnica and other stuff cream that acts a
lot like icy hot ... but not Tiger Balm. I assume it's specifically
for soreness, not injury?

Does it feel hot to the touch right away?

Pretty much. Most folks find it pretty intense.

I am not sure if any sort of balm would help my wrist problem. Mostly
I don't know because no one seems to have any idea what's wrong with
it. Some deep tissue / trigger point massage has increased my range
of motion, but it's still not healed.

I think stuff like Tiger Balm or Ben Gay primarily works because it's an
irritant, and as such, stimulates circulation to the injured area.
That's a nontrivial healing mechanism, FWIW. I got hit on the hill last
Wednesday, took Thursday off, and have been working and healing since
Friday primarily on Tiger Balm.