Old February 22nd 06, 09:59 PM

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:47:26 -0500, "Monique Y. Mudama"

On 2006-02-22, bdubya penned:

As for conditioning, while I certainly don't claim to be in JHAF
studbomb condition, I am definitely in my best shape since I was a
teenager. Seems like if it's conditioning, it should affect me
more on a Real Mountain, right? But it doesn't. Thanks for the
tip on the ibu, but I just don't take it that often; we're talking
like 800mg total over the 3-day weekend, and it's rare for me to
take it at all (like not for several weeks at a stretch).

The ibuprofin thing worries me. For the last few years, I've
preloaded on NSAIDs (actually aleve, not ibuprofin, usually) before
heading up the mountain. Mostly it's my bad knees; this season it's a
bad wrist.

Perhaps I'll try not taking it this weekend. I just hope my wrist can
handle it. Then again, if it hurts too much without the pain killers,
I probably shouldn't be doing it with them, either. I'm just so
flippin' sick of sitting out on my favorite activities because of
injury.

Ever try Tiger Balm? I was always skeptical, but it actually seems to
work. Especially the red stuff. JD's right, conditioning is key
(I've beefed up my quads and hams lately, and my knees seem happier
for it), but the Tiger Balm brought me more relief this weekend than
the ibuprofen.

bw