Old February 22nd 06, 09:47 PM

On 2006-02-22, bdubya penned:

As for conditioning, while I certainly don't claim to be in JHAF
studbomb condition, I am definitely in my best shape since I was a
teenager. Seems like if it's conditioning, it should affect me
more on a Real Mountain, right? But it doesn't. Thanks for the
tip on the ibu, but I just don't take it that often; we're talking
like 800mg total over the 3-day weekend, and it's rare for me to
take it at all (like not for several weeks at a stretch).

The ibuprofin thing worries me. For the last few years, I've
preloaded on NSAIDs (actually aleve, not ibuprofin, usually) before
heading up the mountain. Mostly it's my bad knees; this season it's a
bad wrist.

Perhaps I'll try not taking it this weekend. I just hope my wrist can
handle it. Then again, if it hurts too much without the pain killers,
I probably shouldn't be doing it with them, either. I'm just so
flippin' sick of sitting out on my favorite activities because of
injury.

--
monique
Longmont, CO