Old January 12th 05, 01:27 PM
pigo

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message

Collision games are pointless and dumb. Even if you're totally antisocial
and don't give a damn about hurting someone else, they can always
backfire, and then you're the one going down on the sled.

Games?? What about any of this discussion makes it sound like a game? As I
remember it, it's a matter of survival. In thousands of days of actual
skiing (not working on the mt.) I never had the collisions or near misses as
one day at an area where toys are allowed. Once I learned to ski with my
poles sticking out and flailing around where possible the incidents where
greatly reduced.

But who really cares anyway? I think I'll go try to get up to Alta today. I
wonder how many new feet there are today?

pigo