Old December 4th 04, 07:04 AM
Dmitry

"foot2foot" wrote

People have for all modern skiing time learned to ski in a
wedge for the most part. The question then arose and still does,
how do you get the student to move from wedge turns into
making parallel turns, often called "matching the skis"?

Serious replies only please. No subject changing,
small talk or giggle posts.

I'm really serious: why is it such a big deal? I've
witnessed no less than five people of very different
background start skiing parallel on their first or
second day with very little external influence. They
all had grave problems with more difficult terrain though,
and for that magic turns (I really hate your nomenclature)
probably won't do anything.

I could understand something like this when learning
to snowboard (in fact, that would be really great and
save a lot of broken tailbones), but for skis it should
only be good for reeeeally athletically challanged
chikens.