Old January 9th 06, 10:03 PM

"Userb3" wrote in message
I'm in my early 40s, and haven't been on skis in 20 years. In high school,
I was a hot dog on the intermediate slopes, and could make it down most
black diamonds without bodily injury, but that was 20+ years ago and only
skiing once or twice a year. My wife and son have never skied (we're all
southerners).

A friend in Utah has invited the wife, my son and I to visit or a few
days,
and we're planning to spend 1 to 3 days on the slopes.

So - Should we ski or snowboard while we're in Utah? With which are we
most
likely to be able to enjoy the most with only a half day or day of
instruction?

--

http://www.gopchoice.org/

I think for ease of learning and enjoyment everyone should probably be on
skis, however, if your son is an adventureous one, he may enjoy snowboarding
while you ski. The problem with that is the different types of snow sports
which may not be able to share the same instructor.

When I first learned, my friends had all skiied or snowboarded before and I
was a beginner snowboarder. I'd like to say I held my own pretty well.

-Bruce