Old July 3rd 03, 09:43 PM
Stewart Fleming

Default what is more important in downhill, leg strength or aerobic capacity?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dead people are definitely slower than people who lack leg strength.
Therefore, I submit that aerobic capacity is more important in the downhill.

As has been pointed out, dead people *can* have an advantage in a
straight downhill. Even more if rigor mortis has set in.

As a related data point, we submit results from the Queenstown winter
festival where individuals on cardboard boxes beat mountain bikers on
the downhill slopes.

So I would express the opinion that a deceased individual on a cardboard
box could easily outclass an individual with strong legs in a downhill
event. It may however, be difficult to acquire ethical approval for a
fully-detailed research study.

One of the mountainbikers was also heard to remark that the lack of snow
made his event too difficult. I think that is where both rbr and rsa
can find agreement.