Old March 8th 13, 03:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

You must be undersestimating yourself. The 910 wheels provide
substantial resistance - I injured myself using them - which means you
are either very strong, running your heart rate up well above L1, or
mistaken about which wheels you have. Where are you located? If you
can borrow a pair, or can visit the Twin Cities for a demo, give them
a try.

Gene

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 15:01:20 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

The V2 910 is probably the slowest wheel around,

That's kind of what worries me about moving away from a V2 roller
ski. I'm not at all in phenomenal shape, but have decent technique,
and even with the 910 wheels I find myself kick double-poling or
double-poling more than I'd like and overall don't feel like I'm
getting much of a workout (I.e., roller-skiing feels more like biking
on flats in terms of aerobic training, than it feels like true snow
skiing.)

On the other hand, I'm not surprised when you say the Marwe's have a
better ride. I'm picking up hints here and there that making a
composite ski shaft isn't so straightforward and that Jenex may still
be on the early part of the learning curve. Others like Swenor and
Ski-Go have been at it longer and may offer a more mature product as
a result...