Old November 23rd 05, 03:43 AM

"Christopher Cox" wrote

First of all, I am not trying to start a flame war here. I just take exception to some of the generalities made here, and am just
trying to help.

What's wrong with starting a flame war? You're in a snowboarding newsgroup
after all, no need for disclaimers

You may have had to much overhang with your particular setup, thereby causing you problems. But some overhang is normal and in
many cases optimal. With 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch overhang on each side, you can carve well over 45 degrees without interference.

...on ice or maybe freshly groomed. Who needs that, let the skiers
and hardbooters deal with those utterly boring types of terrain

My suggestion is demo some appropriate equipment combinations, find what works for you and the conditions you are going to be
spending most of your time with (Hardpack, powder, tree's, park, etc.).

Me too!