Old November 22nd 05, 10:56 PM

You talk too much theory, don't look around at people snowboarding!
Use the pros as an example, because we know they can edge.....right?
And we wouldn't mind riding somewhat similarly....right?
Terje...size 9 feet stuffed into 8 shell, 8.5 liner, toe relief cuts.
His standard 156 for pipe was a 242 width.
RossPowers, look up this boardwidth (24.6) and his feet size....9.5's
stuffed into 9's.
ShaunWhite, 242 width, that dude is easily 5'10" tall and maybe 135
lbs., so what do you think his feetsize are???? OK, I don't know, but
at least a 9. Look at the width!
CrisEnglesman from the old daze.....special FatBob with Clickers,
size 13's, board width 26.8...but he rode basically 7 and -5 degrees,
just a straight across duckstance....the widest you can be.
You can carve a couple nice turns with any width board, but if you
need holding power all day, go as narrow as your feetsize and stance
will allow.
Pow, go was wide as you want.
Mike T, you don't know simple physics! If your feet are nailed to a
2' wide board, you'd never have the power to edge it at speed. If your
feet are nailed to 9" wide board, you'd easily tip it over, carve it
hard, and have some toe drag ....so you add risers to lift your foot
off the snow, just like raceboarders, for the clearance.