Old December 7th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

Default Trip report - Snow Summit - 12/2/10

On 07/12/2010 04:29, Walt wrote:
On 12/6/2010 10:09 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 12/06/10 17:45, lal_truckee wrote:
On 12/6/10 5:13 PM, wrote:

Please, let me rephrase this. There is a big difference
between a two dollar bottle of wine and a two hundred dollar bottle of
wine. Understand?

Yep. One leaves you broke, the other leaves you with $198 to buy 99 more
bottles and throw a big party for the few remaining ski bums [cf other
thread.]

And some of us can't tell the difference and don't care.

As my cheapskate brother puts it: wine, beer, whiskey, cigarettes,
coffee, champaign, etc. The first time you try any of them you don't
like it. You have to *acquire* a taste for any of those things.

And if you're going to go to the time and effort of acquiring a taste
for something, you might as well acquire a taste for the cheap stuff.

I'm still trying to find a flaw in his logic....

You PAY for wine ????